Wednesday 29 January 2014

WC 27/1/14

Experimental programming following Bill Starr original 5x5 programme with sumo deadlifts Instead of high pulls mixed in with "infinite intensity" and push pull couplets on strength days

This is the start of week 4 I have been mixing in various conditioning to go along with the 3 days a week strength and now have a nice template to try going forward



First post 29/1/14



This is a blog on training, thoughts and randomness

The first three weeks I have been using Bill Starrs barbell with a self generated spreadsheet, the spreadsheet has subbed out the power cleans and high pulls for bent over rows and deadlifts, I have added the PC back in but kept the deadlift in (sumo) I have been hitting the conditioning as well and I getting in 3-4 sessions of bjj and CSW, I have now switched my template to included infinite intensity from Ross boxing - I will post links to all the things I have mentioned when I get time

Lifts put into the template were HBBS 140kg PC 110kg Bench 120kg press 70kg Sumo DL 180

Week 4

Monday

Am coaching a class in the morning warmed up and hit 5x5 weighted pullups with 16kg k.b and 3 x 8 weighted dips with a 12kg k.b all strict

Pm

Squat 5x5 last set 274lb
Bench 5x5 -pain in shoulder came back so switched to med grip and did 3x5 at 176lb
Power clean - 5x5 last set 215lb

Missed assistance due to time

Tue

Am coaching class, warmed up with skin the cats and slow negatives

Worked up to 80kg push press 90(f)

Lunch time CSW session1hr 15mins

Pm

Magic 50

5 x k.b snatch each arm (dead weight) 20kg
5 x swings each arm
10 x six count burpees with max height jump
X 5 no rest

6:42

Rest

3 x max distance farmers walk with 2 x32 kg bells


No comments:

Post a Comment